TURN KEY PRICING
Contributed by David Whitehurst, Housing Specialist - Moncure Homes
There are varying ideas of what a "turn key" price involves but Moncure Homes certainly has the customer's best interest at hand. "Turn Key" by definition means to handle everything from start to finish. Our competitor's will sometimes "hide" a certain cost from the consumer in order to get the deal started. However, once the customer has fell in love with the house and has already invested numerous hours with their project, they realize that the hidden costs "REAR THEIR UGLY HEAD". I am not implying that unforeseen acts cannot happen to cause a project to increase in cost but we at Moncure Homes go over each deal thoroughly to ensure that the chances of that happening are minimalized. The examples of some unplanned acts are as follows:
1. The land will not perk and a pump stationed or Bio-Filtered Septic is needed versus a standard gravity flow system.
2. The county guidelines will not allow the home to be placed in the location that the customer wants and we have to clear a larger section of the tract in order to place the home within zoning guidelines.
3. The weather can delay any project and it is IMPERATIVE that the customer is aware of that upfront.
4. Costs of lumber and gasoline fluctuate almost constantly so it is important to lock in your price early so as to maintain the agreed upon price.
5. If a customer has an idea of where they want their land/home package and we estimate the price of the lot....the actual lot that they find and agree upon can be more or less than the original quoted price.
There are many different ways that a project can be quoted and you can certainly rest assured that Moncure Homes will take the time to quote your project thoroughly and professionally. Our attention to detail and "customer comes first" attitude separates us from our competition.
Here are some of the items included in an average turn key project, however, your individual project may not require all of these items to be included.
So, as you can see, there are varying items that will be required and some that can be left off of your list. This will fluctuate deals by thousands of dollars so it is imperative to get an accurate quote. The most accurate method of ensuring a thorough quote is by having the Housing Consultant meet the customer at the lot to go over what exactly will be needed.
David J. Whitehurst
Moncure Quality Homes